Want to know more about being a critic? Interested in joining our organization? Looking to submit a review or article to Critically Speaking? We want to hear from you.
- President and Critically Speaking Editor: Martin Morrow email@example.com
- Membership: Steve Fisher stevefisherTO@gmail.com
How to Join:
If you are a professional theatre critic or journalist in Canada writing about live theatre, we encourage you to join our organization.
Our annual fee entitles you to:
- Membership in the International Association of Theatre Critics (IATC), including an international press pass
- An opportunity to participate in the IATC’s international congresses and seminars
- Receive and contribute to the CTCA’s e-bulletin Critically Speaking
- Contribute to the IATC’s international web journal, Critical Stages
- Vote for the Herbert Whittaker Award for Distinguished Contribution to Canadian Theatre
- Full Voting Membership: $45. Category covers anyone who is reviewing or covering theatre professionally on a regular basis for a print, radio, television or online medium.*
- Associate Membership: $25. Covers anyone who is not a full voting member but has been writing about theatre, has been paid for their work and is pursuing a career related to theatre criticism, including the teaching of courses in theatre criticism.
- Student Membership: $10. For those students 25 years and younger enrolled in a theatre program at a college or university who intend to pursue a career in theatre or theatre criticism.**
*Full voting membership entitles you to participate in all international and national events, run for office, vote in award categories, receive all email notices and newsletters.
**Student membership entitles you to receive all email notices and newsletters, and participate in CTCA sponsored national and select international events.
An electronic funds transfer (ie Interac e-Transfer) can be sent to the same email address.
Please mail, or attach to your email, the application form below: